Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Superga's

After a few weeks of back and forth, I got on zappos the other night and copped myself a pair of bright white, italian sneaker freshness from Superga.

Even though they come in at a svelte $65, I had struggled over whether to cop or not because for as long as I can remember, I’ve had a serious white sneaker problem. While I'm sure many have had it worse, I haven't seen a pair of plain white sneakers that I haven’t wanted.

Over the last few years I've accumulated more than a few pairs of chucks, purcells, warriors, tretorns, spring courts, common projects, etc. The tretorns have been my mainstay for a while now, I’ve worn the shit out of a pair I got 3 years ago at Sid Mashburn. They're comfortable, they look good with anything, and are even a discontinued colorway (white canvas with a green tretorn 'swoosh' = multiply steeze x10). The stank of 3 summers and even a few winters have caught up with me (and my girlfriends nose) though and I've been looking for a good alternative.

So after seeing a few pairs in the wild I decided the 2750 was the way to go. They arrived a few days ago and while they feel comfortable on the first few wears, I'm interested to see if they go the way of my tretorns (comfortable, trusted old friends) or my spring courts (dressed up 2x4’s, now sitting in my closet) after a few weeks of city livin'. 

Updates on that question to follow.

Update yup, they're dope